2010/12/10

TamaTown Again!

.

I have been trying to explore TamaTown a little bit more, and I am pleased to say that I am beginning to get the hang of it! I have even managed to reach level two!


There are many cute games on the site, which you can play to earn experience points and eventually level up! You also earn CD Points and Gotchi Points which are used to buy items in-game. So far I haven't spotted anything I would like to buy, but maybe I am just not looking hard enough!

TamaTown is a cute place to hang out, but not enough to be my #1 just yet... There are three main reasons for this:

1. The lack of social features is rather insulting. As I discovered very early on in the making of my account, you are only allowed to choose a very limited username. Whilst this is not such a huge problem, it is still a little insulting that the creators do not trust us. Added to this is the chatting function. That is very limited too, as you can only say their ready-made words! The worst chatting system I have ever seen in my life!
2. The site is pure flash. This means that it has to take time to load at every turn, which can be quite irritating.
3. Older tamagotchi systems cannot be connected with the site. Yep, that means all SEVEN of my tamagotchis are completely useless. I would buy a new tamagotchi, but I will only do this if they allow us a bit more freedom with the social features.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think overall the site is very good and I would love to continue playing. But I think that everyone should bear these things in mind when making an account.

0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment